CRiSAP is a research centre of the University of the Arts London dedicated to the exploration of the rich complexities of sound as an artistic practice. Its main aim is to extend the development of the emerging disciplinary field of sound arts and to encourage the broadening and deepening of the discursive context in which sound arts is practised. CRiSAP’s current activities are focused in a number of areas including:
- engaging broadly with relationships between sound and environment
- researching, and disseminating artists' practices with the spoken word.
- multidisciplinary and cross-cultural approaches to listening as a practice and a philosophy and a methodology
- undertaking, developing, supervising and mentoring practice-based research in sound arts
- investigating the potential of archival materials to animate contemporary sound art debate
- developing new creative software
Finetuned has worked with CRiSAP on their web presence; the main website, online exhibitions and special projects since 2006.
Using a range of open source solutions, we enabled CRiSAP's website administrators to steer their own ship, in terms of layout, style and content; a risky approach in the context of design consistency, but one they were happy to experiment with.
Eight years on, we are happy to have delivered the fourth version of the site; with a fresh new look, responsive design, mobile first and other modern web solutions to communicate CRiSAP's diverse and exciting content.